Sunday, September 27, 2009

What multimedia means to me

Multimedia to me is one of the simplest concepts that in practice is highly liquid. It is the combination of different mediums to convey information and points of view to an audience. Through the use of film, digital technology, print, and 1's and 0's, we create a truly universal doctrine to disperse knowledge, most of the time (someone please kill Perez Hilton). Though call me old school, I feel this has lead to the lowest common denomination of information sharing, next to Wolf Blitzer (also anyone..it can be quick, just a slice to his throat). The majority of these blogs will be sarcastic and offend most. If you are one of the offended, feel free to play tag with oncoming traffic, because I could care, but I don't.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you got started. Please, try to stay on topic with this blog - the class. There are more required blogs that you need to get moving on quickly.

    I also need to know what you're going to do for a project in this class - like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe I had to press a button to continue to your blog because of the content. And you could expand about multimedia in this entry, keep the personal style though. =]

    I'll see you in class tomorrow, and could you possibly message me the website that we reviewed or wrote about in PTEC 101 sometime this afternoon or tonight? Message me at Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try to focus on that more, however this is how I write, and I do believe personal style in a blog is the kinda the point to one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. However, since no guidelines have been instituted about writing style, if you would like me to follow a different format/style, that is on you to provide to us as the instructor to this class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with this, use your own voice. But also remember to address the things I talk to you about. However, maybe we need to talk first.

    I have asked the class to respond to a few things on the blog. The first post was to be about multimedia, OK. But you've also been asked to post about other things - including the project you plan to work on. The fact you have not done that at all puts you at least a couple weeks behind the rest of the class.

    Take a look at some other blogs. There are ideas floating out there for projects. Maybe it will give you an idea or you can help someone else.

    Finally, please make a point to be in touch somehow. I have office hours posted, I'm accessible by e-mail and we have class every other week. Pick something that works and let's talk more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy, maybe you need to develop a blog as a project. A place where you tell it like it is and really let that voice out. Go for it! I'd support that, wholeheartedly.

    However, this blog was created as an assignment. On this one, you need to keep up with class instructions, etc,... Also, please call, e-mail or see me SOON!

    ReplyDelete